Since the inception of the internet, stuff like learning how to activate a Visa gift card wouldn’t cost you a nickel. We’ve made it our primary duty to bring you Do It Yourself (DIYs) steps to maximize the potential of your gift cards, including activating them; check it out here.
Many people may not understand the need to activate a physical Visa gift card. To save you some trouble you may encounter in the future, it is highly essential that you activate your Visa gift card if you wish to use it and make purchases or payments.
You can activate your Visa gift card in different ways, so you decide what method is easier and available to you. Let’s move to the practical part.
Also Read: How To Add A Visa Gift Card To Amazon
How to activate a Visa gift card online
There are various Visa gift card issuers, and they operate active websites.
- Locate your Visa gift card issuer website
- Navigate to the Visa gift card section
- Follow the Visa gift card activation prompt by
- Providing the 16-digit number on your gift card
- Input the security code of your card and also the expiry date
If you do not already have an account, you may receive a notification to create one immediately. Perhaps you do not know the retailer that issued the gift card; visit Visa gift card official website and check out all Visa gift card issuers’ websites from there.
How to activate a Visa gift card with your mobile phone
Sometimes, your card may be already activated. If this is the case, you do not need an extra activation. You can go ahead to make a purchase with your card without worries. Say your physical gift card didn’t come activated, follow this laid down and easy process below.
- Check for your gift card’s toll-free number on the front of your card and dial it
- The agent at the other end of the phone call will request for the sixteen-digit number behind your card. Read it out to them, including your gift card’s security code and expiring date
- Ensure the digits are spelled out loudly, and the agent catches all the numbers you called. This way, you eliminate activation errors and hasten up the process
- You will need to set your PIN after your Visa gift card activation
- After you must have activated your gift card, you may need to register your Visa gift card.
How to register your Visa gift card
- Visit your Visa gift card issuer’s website. Sometimes, your gift card will come with a website address inscribed on it. You may wish to visit the site.
- Input the toll-free number at the back
- Input your name and your correct and recent billing address, and always use it to avoid declining
- Dial the number behind the card to certify your billing address with an agent
- After certifying that everything is correct
- Get a pen and sign on the white blank line of your Visa gift card. You can use a blue or a black pen; the choice is all yours.
- If you wish, write out your gift card’s PIN and the security code and keep safely.
At this point, you can begin your shopping, and you won’t have any glitches whatsoever.