Do you know how to add Visa gift card to Venmo? Here is all you need to know about Venmo. Venmo is an American Mobile payment app that helps people to send and receive their payments Safely and Socially. In the starting, Venmo was offered as a free peer-to-peer payment service. Venmo is a platform for two people in its basic form- the one who wishes to transfer money and the other who will receive it.
Although adding a bank account or credit card to Venmo is simple, most customers need help adding gift cards. Most cards are prepaid ones that might or might not be connected to your account. This article covers how to transfer money from a Visa gift card to Venmo. Let’s start!
Does Venmo Accept Gift Cards?
Venmo accepts gift cards from specific brands, and users can add them to their Venmo accounts. Not all gift cards are accepted by Venmo, and a user must ensure that the gift card has been registered with their name, else it won’t be taken.
Venmo processes gift cards like regular credit or debit cards; a user must add the gift card as a payment method.
Venmo may decline some gift cards to prevent fraud or other reasons; keep reading this article to learn what we discovered regarding how to add Visa gift card to Venmo.
How to Add Visa Gift Card to Venmo
If you want to add a gift card to your Venmo account, Follow the steps given below:
- Open your Venmo Account
- Log in to Account
- Search for Settings
- Below the settings menu, search for “Payment methods.”
- Under this, you will find two options: “Bank Account” and “Cards.”
- Now click on the cards option
- Enter the required information for a gift card.
- Such as gift card number, expiry date, security number or CVV, Zip code, etc.
- Now finally, you will be able to add your gift card to it.
After covering the steps mentioned above, Your gift card will be added to your account instantly, and you can easily use it for good purposes.
Steps to transfer Visa Gift Card to Venmo
Any Visa card would be used as a debit card by Venmo. How to add Visa gift card to Venmo, you have to follow the given steps:
- Just open the Venmo App
- Now Log in to the app with your credential
- On the three lines, Click on Settings
- You will find different preferences in the settings menu
- Tap on Payment Methods, which is at the second number, while you review the options.
- By scrolling down to the payment method menu, click on adding a bank or card.
- Tap on the card which would be the second option in the menu
- Click on the information on your prepaid card
- Now click on the camera button next to the card number to add an image of the card.
- It will auto-add the other information
- You can add your zip code details since the card is not officially registered at any address.
- Just tap on the add card button
- Wait for the card to be added to your account.
We hope this guide on how to add Visa gift card to Venmo be helpful to you.