Are you seeking information on what is a Steam Gift Card? This blog post is for you. Keep reading. Steam gift card is one of the world’s most popular gift cards in the United States and the United Kingdom. This article addresses all you need to know about Steam gift cards, what is a Steam gift card and their uses.
What Is A Steam Gift Card?
Steam, one of the largest video gaming platforms worldwide, issued this gift card. The platform makes it easy for gamers to play, buy, and share games. You can also access various in-game products, gaming software, and hardware. Purchases of these items can be easily made from the comfort of your home with a Steam gift card.
There are Physical Steam cards and digital Steam cards. The physical type comes in denominations like $20, $30, $50, and $100, while the digital type is available in $5, $10, $25, $50, and $100.
There is an activation on all Steam gift cards. These codes add the fund on your gift cards to your Steam wallet. Once done, you can use your fund to make purchases.
Uses Of Steam Gift Card
The following is what Steam gift cards are used for.
- Purchase of several games on the Steam platform.
- As a gifting option to friends and loved ones.
- Purchase of gaming hardware.
- Share digital gifts with friends.
- Purchase of digital software.
- Convert Steam gift card to cash.
- Get access to connect with millions of gamers across the globe.
Where To Buy A Steam Gift Card
Certain retail establishments offer Steam gift cards and other kinds of gift cards for sale. They include Best Buy, Walmart, GameStop, Target, Walgreens, CVS, and 7-Eleven. You can easily buy physical Steam gift cards at these stores. You can also order them on the official websites of these stores to be delivered to your mailing address. Digital Steam codes can easily be purchased on the Steam website and will be sent to your email address. You can easily buy Steam gift cards on Nosh if you are based in Nigeria or Ghana. Pay with your naira or cedis and purchase on the Nosh website or mobile app. Once the purchase is successful, the code will be sent as an email.
How To Send A Digital Steam Gift Card
- Visit the Steam digital gift card page. Ensure you are logged in.
- Select the USD amount of the gift card you want to send.
- Steam digital gift card page
- Choose the recipient you wish to send it to on your friend’s list.
- Enter a personalized note in the required field. This step is optional.
- Select a payment method. Among the available options are credit cards and PayPal.
- Tick the box to agree to the Steam subscriber agreement.
- Click on the “Purchase” button.
- Once successful, a confirmation mail will be delivered to you.
How To Redeem A Steam Gift Card
There are two ways you can use to redeem your Steam gift card. Check them out below:
#1. Through Steam Website
- Log in to the Steam website and log in to your account.
- Steam Sign-In page
- Navigate to your account name and select “Account Details.”
- Press on “Add funds to your Steam wallet.”
- Add funds to your Steam wallet
- Click on “Redeem a Steam wallet code.”
- Type in your Steam wallet code.
- Input your US address.
- Your wallet fund can be confirmed beneath your account name.
#2. Through Steam Client App
- Open the Steam client application.
- Sign in with your account name and password.
- Scroll to the upper-right corner and click on your account name.
- Choose ” Account Details”
- Tap the “+Add funds to your Steam wallet.”
- Select “Redeem a Steam Gift Card or Wallet Code”
- Enter your gift card code.
- Input your address.
- Once successful, the added amount will be displayed on the screen.
We hope this blog post on what is a Steam gift card answers all your questions.