Do you know how to activate a Vanilla Gift Card? This guide is for you. A Vanilla gift card is a prepaid debit card with different denominations ranging from $10 to $500. It’s also a payment method that can be used for purchases at various retail stores and online merchants. And luckily, you can always use it anytime for its never-expiration feature.
You should know how to activate your Vanilla Visa gift card before using it. This blog post gives you a step-by-step guide to start the Vanilla gift card.
How to Activate a Vanilla Gift Card
Here are the steps to follow when you want to activate your Vanilla gift card;
- Visit the vanilla gift card website: https://www.myvanillacard.com.
- Enter Required Information: your user ID and password, and click sign in.
- Move to the Vanilla card balance checking page: Input your card number and expiration date.
- Click continue. Your Card is already successfully activated to use.
Note: some gift cards may require creating a unique PIN during activation. If prompted, choose a PIN that you can easily remember but is not easily guessed by others.
How to Redeem Your Vanilla Gift Card
Once your Vanilla gift card is activated, it’s time to put it to use. There are three ways to redeem your card:
- Check the Balance: confirm the Available Balance on your Vanilla gift card before purchasing. Check it on balance checking page or by contacting customer service: 1-844-433-7898.
- Online Redemption: select the desired items and proceed to the online payment page. Choose the option to pay with a Visa debit card, and enter your Vanilla gift card details, including the serial number, expiration date, and security code. Be sure to enter the correct billing address associated with the Card.
- In-Store Redemption: take your Vanilla gift card at the checkout counter of the retail store where you intend to make a purchase. The cashier will swipe or scan the card, and the purchase amount will be deducted from the card’s balance.
How to Use Your Vanilla Gift Card
You can use the vanilla gift card online or in-store.
#1. Use Vanilla Gift Card Online
- Ensure the Vanilla Gift Card balance covers purchases, including taxes. Note: Some transactions may require a 20% hold. Check the cardholder agreement for details.
- Choose ‘Credit’ or ‘Debit’ as payment method. Avoid [Gift Card] selection.
- Enter card information in the [Payment Method] section, similar to a credit/debit card.
- Fill in your name and address in the billing address section.
#2. Use Vanilla Gift Card In-store
- Firstly, check your Balance at https://balance.VanillaGift.com or call 1-833-322-6760 before shopping. Inform the cashier about your gift card’s desired split payment methods and amount. Note: Split payment may not be available at all merchants, and certain transactions may require a hold exceeding the purchase amount. Refer to your cardholder agreement for details.
- Swipe your Card and choose Credit on the keypad or enter a 4-digit PIN.
How to activate a Vanilla gift card, redeeming, and using a Vanilla gift card is a straightforward process that lets you make purchases conveniently. By following the steps mentioned in this guide, you can confidently navigate the world of Vanilla gift cards, Happy shopping!