Are you curious about how to check American Express gift card balance? You are currently reading the right article. The one thing about the American Express gift card is its flexibility to purchase anything that accepts the gift card. There are several reasons why checking the balance on your American Express gift card is essential.
If your gift card was misplaced or stolen, you can check your balance to confirm if any unauthorized purchases were made. This will help you report the case quickly and request a replacement card.
It is also essential to check your American Express gift card balance to ensure the gift card is still valid. There is a valid-thru date that comes with an American Express gift card. This date signifies when your gift card is still active. A replacement gift card is issued upon request, and your remaining funds will be transferred to the new card. This blog post will explain how to check American Express gift card balance. Let’s get started!
How To Check American Express Gift Card Balance
There are two different ways to check your American Express Gift Card Balance. Let’s check them out below:
#1. Checking the Balance Through the American Express Website
To check the American Express Gift Card Balance, you need to;
- Visit the American Express balance checker page.
- Enter your 15-digit card number.
- Enter the expiration date/ valid-thru date.
- Enter the 4-digit security code.
- You can choose to enter your mail address or not.
- Click on the blue “Sign In” button.
Once that is done, the page will reload to reveal the current balance on your American Express gift card.
#2. Checking the Balance Through the American Express Customer Support
The other way to check your gift card balance without visiting the website is via customer support. The telephone number is written on the gift card. Check your gift card to get it. Place a call, and a customer rep on duty will attend to you. They will request your card’s serial number, which will be used to run a query to get your balance.
Tips For Troubleshooting American Express Balance Check Issues
- Verify the American Express gift card number and the security code are correctly entered.
- Confirm if the gift card has yet to reach its valid thru date.
- Verify if your American Express gift card has been activated.
- After confirming that the issue persists, contact the customer support team.
- The tips outlined above are helpful when checking the balance of any gift card.
The two main ways to check the balance on your American Express gift card are via the American Express balance checker page and customer support. Make use to confirm you are entering the correct details while trying to check the balance.