If you are like most people, you have been given an Amazon gift card at some point in your life. You may then have scratched your head, figuring out and asking everyone, ‘Where is the claim code on an Amazon gift card? ‘Do not worry; you are not alone!
That’s why we decided to look precisely where to find it so you can redeem it for whatever you want. So, let’s get started.
What is a Claim Code?
A claim code is a unique digit combination assigned to each gift card. You will use this code to redeem your gift card on their website. These codes are created to make it easier for someone to guess your code and save your card with your permission.
Where Is the Claim Code on An Amazon Gift Card?
If you are hunting for the claim code on a physical Amazon gift card, you must look at the back. It is usually located underneath a scratch-off panel. The scratch-off board is usually white and has arrows pointing to it. If there is no scratch-off panel, it may be printed on the receipt that came with the card.
Where Is the Claim Code on an E-Gift Card?
This should be easier to find than on a physical card! If you have an e-gift card, the code should be in the email that was sent to you. It will usually be in the body of the email, but in some cases, it may be in an attachment.
If you cannot find it in the email, try checking any attachments that came with it. You are looking for 14 digits with a combination of letters and numbers.
How To Redeem An Amazon Gift Card?
Okay, you have found the mysterious digit combination; now what? To redeem your card, you will need to;
- Go to their website and sign in to your Amazon account.
- Once you are signed in, hover your mouse over the “Accounts & Lists” tab and click on “Your Account.”
- On the next page, scroll to the bottom and look for the “Gift Cards” section.
- If it is not apparent, click “Apply a Gift Card to Your Account.
- ” Enter your code in the box and click “Apply to Your Balance.” That is it! Super simple!
The card amount will now be applied to your Amazon account balance and can be used toward your next purchase.
Amazon Gift Card Terms and Conditions
Let’s discuss the terms and conditions associated with Amazon gift cards.
- First of all, you should know that they never expire. However, if you have a physical card, it is essential to keep it safe as it can be lost or stolen, and the retail giant is unfortunately not responsible for replacing it!
- Another thing to keep in mind is that they are non-refundable. So, if you purchase an item with a gift card and then return the item, you will not receive a refund in cash. Instead, the refund will be applied to your Amazon account balance.
- Finally, you cannot use your gift card to purchase other gift cards. Amazon Prime subscriptions are not eligible to be bought with one, either.
Hopefully, I have helped clear things up for you. These cards are a fantastic way to make purchases without having to use your own money (if you have been lucky enough to be gifted one!) and can be used for various things, both on the website and in their stores. Remember to keep your card safe and read the terms and conditions before using it!